Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow Day

We had been planning to head up to the mountains on MLK day for some winter fun, but wonderfully the snow came right to us instead the Thursday before! We woke up to a beautiful blanket of white snow.



Jared, brought our coats/gloves/hats etc. box in from storage and then braved the roads to bring home some Hannah size snow pants and an inflated innertube. While he was out, Hannah "painted the snow" a neat activity we learned from Deb's friend Jessica.

We were the first ones (guess nobody else had kids wake up at 5:40 am) to hit the sledding hill over at Sherman College. Ben had quite enough of the whole thing after about 5 minutes. So he spent the rest of the time snug in the warm car, while Jared, Jared and Hannah and Debbie took turns going down the hill. Luckily though, he did stick around long enough to watch Mommy land upside down in a bunch of bushes! Very funny!! :)



Later in the afternoon Dad and Hannah built a snow man that Hannah named "Frosty." Then Mom and Hannah decorated him and made snow angels.

3 comments:

laura said...

your snow man would have kicked our snowman's butt. nice work. what a fun day.

The Johstoneaux Family said...

How fun that you got a snow day! If I could, I send more of our snow your way...we've had enough! Though believe it or not we haven't been sledding yet. Now I'm feeling inspired. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Jerry said...

How fun!! I have to say that your snowman is the best looking snowman I have EVER seen! And that says something after living in Utah for five years!