On Tuesday we got to go the Beacon Drive-In in Spartanburg, a "world famous" reasturant where politicians (George W., John McCain, Mitt) often stop to speak while in SC. Chuck Baldwin, the presidential candidate for the Constitution Party spoke. Jared also attended a rally in Greenville later that night. Here are a couple of the pictures we took.


Ahhh, poultry, PB&J and politics...a perfect combo for a 3-year-old's rainy afternoon. :)
But, you might be more interested in the photo and video the Spartanburg paper, The Herald Journal took while we were there. :) There is one photo of Hannie and Jared in the photo gallery and they are once briefly in the video too. In the video interview the reporter asks Mr. Baldwin how the Constitution Party differs from the Libertarian Party and about the possibilities for a third party candidate this election. Here is the link to the article.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20080827/NEWS/808270319/1083&title=3rd_party_candidate_lashes_out_at_Obama_and_McCainWe are mentioned. But, mind you this is my first newspaper quote and on the way home I thought of 100 more intelligent things I could have said...maybe next time. :)
Also, if you want to take a look, here is the link to The Constitution Party
http://www.constitutionparty.com/and Chuck Baldwin.
http://baldwin08.com/
8 comments:
I can't figure out what to click on to see the pictures of Jared and Hannah. I saw one video, but nothing with any of you in it. Maybe I'm just a little slow.
the video and photos are over on the left side, underneath the photo of Mr. Baldwin shaking hands. the link for the photos is "constitution party's candidate." Jared and Hannah are #3 of 20. in the video, it is Jared and Hannah talking to Mr. Baldwin, played for a few seconds during Mr. Baldwin's interview. they are at about 00:20 seconds. we're famous :)
I found it! How fun! Although, Jared has a funny expression in the picture. hehe
That's a busy summer and a lot of posts in one day! I had fun reading them and looking at all the pictures.
Great posts! What an action packed summer you had. Glad we could share some of the fun times. You are a wonderful little family - a nice complement to one another. I am not surpised Jared is enjoying success and satisfaction in the clinic. It had been a long haul, but worth it. We miss all of you!
It was so fun to catch up on you guys!! I loved your post about Jared deciding what to do with his career path. It's amazing how the Spirit guides us through our decisions and it's so subtle that we sometimes want to push it aside...I'm glad you didn't...Jared is a catch and it looks like he found his match!
You're totally famous. Love it.
I love how involved in the community you guys are! It makes me want to get out and get involved (since I'm not at all - although I do plan on voting in November). Still - that's neat that you are so informed, and that you are raising your kids to be that way, too. What good examples!
Post a Comment