Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hannah's First Primary Program


Today was Hannah's first Primary Program. She was so excited to get into her new fall clothes and have her hair and make up done. She carried tissues in her Princess Purse because she's had the sniffles the last couple of days, she also carried a little picture of Jesus in her purse. When it came time to actually get up and go, she got pretty nervous. I carried her in my arms to her teacher, who she loves with her whole heart...when we told her today that after Christmas she would move to CTR 5 and Sister Jones would go to college, she cried. Sister Jones gathered her up in her arms and carried her up onto the stand. She sat Hannah in her place and Hannah never looked back. Hannah beamed over at us, waved and gave us thumbs up. We beamed and waved and thumbs upped right back! I cried. Jared teared up. She looked so grown up. Finally at the very end of the program it was her turn. She walked right up to the podium, up the little steps and adjusted the microphone. She said her part loud and clear and quick, "I will strengthen my family," and headed back to her seat. She was so brave and so beautiful. 

3 comments:

meg.. said...

Today was my first Primary Program too! At least the first when I was in charge. I was so nervous for all of the kids, but it went very well and we got lots of compliments.
It can be so hard to get up in front of everyone. Glad you did it Hannah!

mastubz said...

What a brave, beautiful girl. Sorry we weren't thinking it was your ward's program, as well, or we would have been sure to be there.

Nettina said...

She looked beautiful! What a big girl she is now! :)