Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Birthday & Baseball...Jared Turns 34!

Well, on May 4th my dear husband turned 34. As he slept in...a rare occurrence because there are usually little critters crawling all over him in the morning : )...we hung a banner and decorated the kitchen with crepe paper. When the kids heard Dad coming downstairs they hid and gave him a great surprise! : ) We had a quiet morning. I cooked him breakfast and we watched our traditional Saturday home shows on PBS. : ) Then we headed to Ben's afternoon baseball game. Jared hadn't decided on a present yet, but had decided on dirt cake, with worms, and the kids liked that idea a whole lot! : ) Here are the pics from the game...

On Our Way
Naomi's first car ride.
 Baseball Fans


The birthday man was...
A.  Looking Wiser B. Looking More Distinguished C. Rockin' that third day shave
...D. All of the above : ) 

Baseball Boy

I finally got to see Ben play!! He played catcher and several fielding positions. He got a hit at every at bat. He is so focused and determined. He puts every suggestion his coaches give him immediately into practice and tries his hardest. The entire game he was watching to catch my eye...he flashed me thumbs up and this adorable little "raising the roof" signal. We asked him about it afterwards...since "raising the roof" was a little before his time...and he said he was just trying to say "hi." : ) When he was playing out field near where we were sitting he even flashed a couple "I love you" signs in his Mama's direction. I asked Jared if he did this all the time, but apparently all this on field love was just for me. I hope I'll always be able to remember his sweet face, trying to catch my eye and beaming at me from the baseball field. I am one lucky Mama!
Sleepy little sister. Time to head home. 

No comments: