I love where we live. It is quiet and private. We have a huge yard, woods, birds and squirrels. Sometimes the squirrels come up on our deck to visit and we love watching them scamper along the fence. We also love watching the birds and squirrels eating at the bird feeders. I'm beginning to have some interest in bird watching, which I have to say I never really understood until lately. Hannah and I got out my Great Aunt E's bird book a couple of weeks back and started trying to identify some of our regular friends. Noah and I got to work at it bit while they were visiting too. Yesterday, Hannah pointed out the "common crow" :) that was hanging out in the road behind our house. And the road behind our house is another thing I love about living here. When the weather is warm enough we like to walk along the gravel road we share with the house next door, up to the mailbox or, since the house has been vacant since we moved in, down past the house to the river too. Sometimes we don't make it to the mailbox or the river, we just enjoy the sunshine, the woods and the fresh air. And sometimes we get out the wagon and give Hannah a ride. Early in February Ben got his first wagon ride. When we gave the wagon to Hannah on her first birthday, Jared and I said, one day, we'll have that second seat full. I couldn't imagine then the delightful and absolutely wonderful boy that would take that place. I'm glad for Ben, red wagons and a great place to take walks.
 |
| Here he is...loving it...with his big sister showing him how it's done. |
 |
| And here are my very handsome and charming Stubblefield boys. |
4 comments:
That is the cutest wagon load I have seen in a long time. I will keep my eyes open for some children's bird books. I, too, have been interested in birding, but never pursued it much. The two Stubble-boys are a fine pair of birds, as well.
Cute kids! I love reading about the fun things you do together.
Sure, rub it in that you have a huge, private yard and we're crammed into another apartment:) Seriously, it all sounds great, though Bubba might not have such great things to say about the squirrels! Mom and I were just talking about that bird book and we couldn't remember who had it- now we know who to call for bird identifications! Your family is beautiful! We love you!!
Hey Debbie! That sounds absolutely lovely. I've been having a desire to live somewhere more rural. For being in the city, we do have a lovely backyard with a gorgeous view of Timp...but it's not ours. Our landlords upstairs sold the home and moved to Costa Rica. I love feeling like we are all on our own, with that wonderful yard all to ourselves. It won't last forever, because the new owners will move in in a month of two, so we are trying our best to take advantage of the privacy while it lasts!
Post a Comment