Tuesday, November 4, 2008
It's Voting Day!
Here in South Carolina voting lines were out the door and around the building.
It took our family 3 1/2 hours to do our civic duty.
Jared actually left the line, went back to school, took an exam and made it back to us with lunch before we ever made it into the building! :) The kids were great and played in the school yard most of the time.


Although, at one point, at the same moment, they both melted into hungry, tired tears. Jared arrived with lunch just moments later. Our hero!! :)
Ben fell asleep in the baby carrier right before I got to the voting machine and Hannie is now officially the youngest, voting supporter of the Constitution Party's Candidate for President. She proudly wore her "I Voted" sticker on our way out. Here she is with her sticker, her "voter registration" and her "photo ID." This morning as Jared and I were gathering ours together she set about gathering hers too. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holy Cow! I walked into the building, told them my name (no ID needed) they handed me a ballot and I sat down, filled in the bubbles, put it in the machine and was back on my way in less than 10 minutes.
That is amazing that it took so long but heartwarming that so many people got out to vote. Dave and I took Mackenzie too and it was pouring rain but we were able to get right in and right out!! Way to go you guys!!
Like Megan, I cast my vote in minutes. I was one of the brave ones to use the machine, while all others opted to use paper. Emily came too and handed in her ballot (no polling place for her neighborhood) and the kids run amok, but got "I voted" stickers. Hope your experience didn't taint the experience for your future voters ;)
so cute!! and such a long line! Matt and I waited 5-10 minutes, but we voted too :)
Post a Comment