Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Girls Night Out

Well, tonight Hannah and I had our first girls night out. I am in Mommy heaven. We had a wonderful time. Three nights this week there are informal performances for the Lawson Academy dance classes, except for the youngest girls like Hannah, who have their performance next week. So, Hannah and I decided to go watch some of the older girls dance and make it a night out. We shared an oatmeal raisin cookie at Panera Bread, where Hannah asked me to introduce her to Maria, the girl at the counter. :) We sat at a table in the window and chatted about reflections. Then we headed over to the dance studio and enjoyed watching 5 or 6 pieces. On the way home Hannie told me how excited she was for us to come and watch her perform. Me too! Hurray for being a Mom to one wonderful little girl and and hurray for many more girls nights out to come. :) And what were the boys up to while the womenfolk were off enjoying a night of baked goods and culture? Jared and Ben headed over for a bon fire with Mike and Kyle, our neighbors. Jared said that he and Ben did their "man dance" (Jared hunkers down, with his hands in fists, flexing his muscles, giving a manly grrrr, then Ben does the same, back and forth, very funny! :) around the fire and roasted marshmallows. He said, that on their walk home Benny snuggled in close, with marshmallow smudge on his cheek. Here are Hannie and I at Panera.And here she is reflected in the window.
Just wish we had a picture of that man dance! :)

8 comments:

laura said...

So this is my all time favorite post of your whole blog thus far. And that is not something that is easy for me to say.
So many experiences will fade, but this one will stay. This one tells her that she is someone who matters. Such a moment. For a mommy and her girl. There's no one better for her than you, Deb.

Nettina said...

So cute and what awesome memories for both of you! Remind me some year when I have kids to do the same! :)

Pyatt said...

I love this!!! I want to do this with Mackenzie!! I bet Hannah loved being alone with her mom and who can beat a cookie from Panera --we love that place too.:)

mastubz said...

How special and dear. These are the times when your investiment in her life and interests will pay off later. The Man Dance will have to be performed for me at some future time.

meg.. said...

How fun! It's always nice to spend one on one time with the kiddos.

The Johstoneaux Family said...

How super sweet Debbie! What a moment to treasure!

Ben A. Friend said...

Girls night out?!? Sounds splendid! And what perfect company you had. =)

J and C said...

I was always jealous of the girl when they spent a day with mom, even though they mostly went shopping which I despised. A man dance and pyrotechnics appeal to me more.