Thursday, July 5, 2012

Provo, Visiting Papa & Nana

After the reunion we headed down the mountain and through the canyon to Provo to visit my Dad and Anna. We had a yummy lunch together at Cafe Rio and then took a stroll down memory lane, including a stop for some treats in the BYU bookstore. : ) We spent some time visiting at Dad and Anna's house and visited Deseret Book and the Health Food Store together. On our way out of town the next day we made sure to stop for some IN-n-OUT. : ) It was such a gift to get to spend some time together. The kids adore their time with Papa and Nana! Thanks to Dad and Anna for the love and gifts and good visit!! 
Memory Lane:
Glen Haven
The apartment where Jared lived when we met. Where he made dinner for my roommates and me, including those yummy, yummy brownies, countless conversations and visits, baby sitting C & Z, candle-light dinner, chiropractic school catalogues, one very important note left on his door and the first time he told me he loved me. : )

Alpine Court
The apartment I lived in when we met, right next door to his. : ) Break the Fast, FHE, Ward Prayer, movie nights, study break treats and walks around the block, dinner delivered when I was sick, aloe delivered after my bad sun-burn, thumb-wrestling wars of massive proportions, applied kinesthesiology demo : ), notes left on my car, smashing the pinata he bought me for my 24th birthday, flowers delivered, hand holding and our first kiss.   : )




One day I came home from school to find Jared sitting in this patch of grass almost to my apartment.
We had a short but important talk and that's when I knew. After that talk, we never looked back. : )
The Blue House.
The house I lived in when we got engaged and married.

BYU Campus:

Papa and the kiddos stepping between the raindrops. : )

The Maeser Building:
Karl G., watching over wards and wards of lovebirds for a really long time now. : )
Jared reenacting the talk that changed our lives. : )
Me (plus a little Hannah : ) up in the balcony where I listened to his talk on my first Sunday in that ward.
As I was trying to find my exact seat, Jared said, pointing, "Didn't you sit right there?"
And I said, "10 years later, I find out you noticed me!" : )
The exact spot I first saw my handsome husband! : )
Caleb in "the chapel"...a ghost of things to come. : )

The room where Jared taught Sunday School sometimes.

On the other side, the room where I taught Relief Society.
(Except no little critter crawling around on the floors back then. ; ) 

Visiting at Papa and Nana's House:
Ben showing off his mad Angry Bird skills. (Get it? :)
(I love my Dad's smile. I'm so glad we got to visit!)
Hannah & Nanna playing with a toy H received at her birthday party.
Nana is so good to the kids. Hannah loved having her for a play mate!
(And thank you so much for the puppet story book!)

No comments: