Our Benjamin boy turned 6 on June 5th. He had such a wonderful day. It began with a birthday breakfast in the gorgeous late spring weather. Ben's birthday week always seems to be filled with such beautiful days. He blew out candles that were stuck in a seriously tasty doughnut and after presents dined on scrambled eggs with hot dog slices...his request. : ) That night was his second to last baseball game of the season. I can't imagine a way he'd rather have spent his birthday. The coaches had planned an ice cream party afterwards...perfect! : ) We brought along some extra yummy toppings...smashed m&ms, smashed Reeses Pieces, GF Oreos and some carmel...to go with the chocolate sauce, Oreos and vanilla ice cream they already had. After ice cream, Coach Doug brought Ben out to home plate and his teammates gathered around him and sang Happy Birthday! The perfecting ending to his day.
The morning after Ben was born I held my new little son in my arms and looked into his perfect little face. I saw a floppy haired boy with a white shirt, a red tie and a scripture bag smiling bright and free. I am watching as Ben grows into that beautiful big boy. Last night on our evening walk, Hannah fell on her previously scraped up knee. She was so upset and hurting. She sat down on the curb opposite our house. I said, "Come on Hannah lets get in the house." She whimpered back, heart broken and defeated, "I can't. I can't walk. I can't do it." I said, "You can do it Hannah get up and do it." I heard Ben behind, me he said, "Mom you should..." but before he could finish his sentence he was running past me to Hannah. He got himself situated on her right side, with her arm across his shoulders. He helped and lifted and brought her all the way in the house. I was watching him and knew that's just what the Savior would have done. I could see the great, compassionate Priesthood holder Ben would become. I love him with all my heart and know the world is a better place because he is here. Happy, Happy Birthday, my beautiful boy!
 |
| Benjamin Enoch, 6 years old! |
 |
| At every birthday this year, Caleb has requested his own candles. They are just too much fun to miss out on. : ) |
 |
| Circuit set from Grandma & Grandpa. The perfect gift for this inquisitive, build it kinda guy! |
 |
| Party people. : ) |
No comments:
Post a Comment