Friday, June 28, 2013
Hannah Turns 8!
Well, on June 28th our beautiful oldest girl turned 8 years old. Her Daddy made her chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. She blew her candles out and opened her presents. As if just for her, a whole bus load full of her cousins arrived to celebrate!! Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Josh, Aunt Courtney her brothers and her cousins visited the Pretzel Factory and the Chocolate Factory while I got my hair cut and Jared saw a patient at the office. After that I joined everybody for some time in the beautiful Lititz Springs Park. Then we all gathered at Ciro's Bistro. Melanie and her girl dogs joined us there. They set up on amazingly long set of tables and we all ate pizza! After pizza it was on to the FroZone for frozen yogurt & toppings. Then back home for visiting and presents from Melanie. It was an awesome day. I think Hannah's every wish came true.
Thinking of my 8 year old girl, I tell her she is like a shooting star. A few months back I noticed the following tacked to her wall...a daily schedule, photos of her cousins, Mara & Melina, models cut out of the JC Penny catalog, outfits she said she loved, a picture of the Eiffel tower cut out of a magazine, with dreams of visiting there with her Mama some day and a poem, she had written in pencil on a piece of paper from Melanie's Funeral home notepad..."There is wind in my hair and hope in my heart." And that is my beautiful Hannah Mae. She is strong and wild and brave. She says she wants to write primary songs when she grows up. She says she wants to combine her two great loves, dancing and horses, and figure out a way to dance on horses. She surprises me and challenges me to get out of my comfort zone all the time. I am blessed beyond words to be her Mama. All my love, little princess girl! Happy 8th Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment