Kyle came along with us this year.
Mary rides about the streets on the back of donkey (a real one). Joseph leads her from Inn to Inn and if you listen you can hear them being turned away at every one. Eventually they settle down in a stable and the Christ child appears in the manger. The Angels sing, the shepherds and wise men come to worship. It is a beautiful night.
This year when we stopped at the gift shop, we explained that these were the gifts that the Wise Men gave to Jesus and moved on to the other shops and booths. While we were listening to our Stake President give his closing thoughts and bare his testimony, Hannah said, "Mom I want to give Jesus his presents." So Jared pulled the "gifts" off of the little paper they were attached to, that explained the significance of each one etc., and gave them to Hannah. She didn't want to go alone, so, she and I went up to the manger and one by one she placed the gifts in his Manger. As you might imagine, I teared up. It was a tender moment. And since then, thanks to my sweet Hannah, I've been thinking a lot about the gifts I can give the Savior each day.


This year when we stopped at the gift shop, we explained that these were the gifts that the Wise Men gave to Jesus and moved on to the other shops and booths. While we were listening to our Stake President give his closing thoughts and bare his testimony, Hannah said, "Mom I want to give Jesus his presents." So Jared pulled the "gifts" off of the little paper they were attached to, that explained the significance of each one etc., and gave them to Hannah. She didn't want to go alone, so, she and I went up to the manger and one by one she placed the gifts in his Manger. As you might imagine, I teared up. It was a tender moment. And since then, thanks to my sweet Hannah, I've been thinking a lot about the gifts I can give the Savior each day.
Ben on the other hand was interested in the gifts that Jesus had to give and wasn't shy about stealing straw from his manger. :)
5 comments:
What a great idea!! I wish it were standard issue. Why does no one else do this?? I do find the dradle a peculiar choice, though.
What a beautiful and sensitive daughter you have to want to go "with haste" to give her gifts to the Savior. Your children are so blessed to have you for their teacher and example.
What a wonderful event. I am not surprised at Miss Hannie's tender heart. She is the most tenderhearted 3 yr old I know. I am so proud of her parents!
What a neat idea! I wish we had something cool like that. We should start it when you guys move here. Sound good?
What a great activity. Gonna keep that in mind for primary next year.
I teared up reading about Hannah, and just as quickly let out a giggle reading about Ben.
Post a Comment