Monday, February 2, 2009
Look Out Below!!
Well, Ben and I took the first run on the tubing hill this year. At the bottom, while we were getting up and out of the way, an on-coming sledder hit us and took my legs out from under me. After an inspection in the heated shed we thought that Ben was all right, but the next morning when he got out of bed he couldn't put any weight on his right foot. A doctor's visit and three x-rays later we determined that it was, thankfully, not broken but just a very sprained ankle. At first he was carried a lot and even pushed around in his sisters' stroller (the "wheel chair" :). Eventually, he started crawling and now he has been limping around for about a week. We hope that he'll be back to 100% very soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I didn't get the full effect of the tubing hit, but one bystander commented "did you see that, it was like a football hit - took her legs right out from under her!"
Debbie is one tough chick to survive such a hit, and poor Ben was frightened by the whole spill. Hope he is back to normal soon.
Poor Ben. Glad he's doing better though.
Poor little guy. It so sad to see little ones get hurt. I glad he's doing better!
Ouch! I hope he's doing better.
sweet boy. the stroller is hilarious.
Post a Comment