Sunday, February 22, 2009

This Week...

At down town Story Time. 
Hannah went to the preschool story time with Ms. Sharon. Ben and I went to lap baby story time with Ms. Barbara. Elephant came along too. During "If your happy and you know it" Ben clapped Elephants hands. During the dancing song, Ben made Elephant dance and at the end when Ms. Barbara passed out stickers, Ben gave his sticker to Elephant. The other night Ben fell and hurt his foot. He asked me to kiss his foot and then asked me to kiss Elephant's foot. This little buddy thing is pretty sweet!

At Swim Lessons.

At Church.
This week Hannah was asked to read the scripture in opening exercises. She practiced all week and did a great job. She didn't even baulk at "raiment." This afternoon when it came time she sat in the scripture chair, proud as can be, beaming at everyone. Finally, it was her turn. She walked up to the podium, up the steps and looked out at all those Primary faces. She promptly turned around, walked back down the steps and ended up in my arms. While she rested her head on my shoulder I read the verses she practiced so well. We talked later about how different the Primary room looks from the podium than from her Sunbeam seat. :) But, not bad for her first go at it! Meanwhile, I was thinking how many times I've walked up to give a talk and wished I could just turn around and sit down myself! :)

3 comments:

laura said...

What a sweet life those kiddos have. Good thing you're getting all the photographic proof to look back on when they're obnoxious hormonal teens. Love it all.

mastubz said...

I would like to be Elephant for a day, and the recipient of Ben's affections.
As for Hannah - sometimes we all just need a pass. I think we should all be allowed to carry around a pass, and just put it out there for those times when it is especially needed. There will be plenty of times for scripture and prayer sharing.

mastubz said...

It's Emily...I Love love love all the pictures and updates. I haven't been on blogger in a while so it was fun to catch up with you guys. Your kids are such adorable little bugs! I love when they call and chat with me. Such good little phone talkers. Thanks for thinking of me and giving me calls lately.