Ben's favorite animal for a while has been Elephants. He LOVED seeing them and the sweet little stuffed elephant his Daddy gave him.
(It may not be a dynamic photo of Ben :), but I love this picture of my handsome husband!)
Ben showing the Elephants his elephant. :)
Since the circus, "ephant" has become Ben's little buddy. Ben sleeps with him, feeds him and takes him on outings. One day at snack and meals Ben would fead elephant a bite, say, "yum!" and then eat the bite himself. I cleaned up Ben and elephant after eating that day. :)
Hannah loved the Circus and even got a clown make over afterwards. 



Before the makeover Jared told Hannah she was going to get her face painted, which she's has done several times before. She was really excited. She was calm and enjoying the face painting until the face painter powdered her face. This surprised Jared and I and we laughed out loud, from surprise and because she looked so cute, just like a clown with a white face. I think the powder surprised Hannah too, she's never had her face powdered before and the face painter wasn't gentle and friendly, more just taking care of business, so when we laughed and she didn't know what was going on, all this combined and she got nervous and feeling a bit uncomfortable. I didn't know, and Hannah didn't either, that there would be a costume and wig and such and by that point she was feeling pretty sad. So no smiles for her big picture. We explained that we were laughing for joy and tried to help her get back into the make over but she just needed some time to relax and take it all in. That's our Hannah though, she doesn't like to be put on the spot, she likes to know what's going on and be able to choose for herself and she gets embarrassed when people laugh and she doesn't know why. Next time I'll be able to prepare her better for her big make over! But even this year, by the time we were driving away, our tender little girl was all lit up again, loving her clown face, and at bed time was begging me to let her sleep in her make up. :)
We all had a great time! It really is the "greatest show on earth!" :)
Sleepy, Blinky Ben, Me and Still Feeling a Bit Sad Hannah
2 comments:
I love it! I can so picture Hannah getting embarrassed by her parent's enthusiasm (leopard vest!). She is a wonder. I also adore the photos of Ben and his dad. Pete and Repeat.
sweet Hannah! that little episode has been bugging me ever since. there was something more than just feeling embarrassed over the laughter but i couldn't put it into words right away. thinking over it again, i went back to the blog to say a bit more.
Post a Comment