Sunday, September 7, 2008

Funtasia

Yesterday, we headed over for an afternoon of "Blessed Fun" at Funtasia. The owners are Christian and have wonderful reminders placed and posted all over the arcade and mini golf course of scriptures and faith. It reminded me of my sweet friend Lael, who always has beautiful quotes, scriptures and poems, on just the right subject, at just the right time, printed on pretty paper. On many occasions a perfect little collection would find it's way into my hands and give me just the outlook or reminder I needed. The notes and reminders at Funtasia added a goodness to the atmosphere and I was proud of the owners for being so open about their faith. But I digress... :) Ever since watching Curious George and his friends Betsy and Steve play a round or two of Mini Golf...Hannie has been wanting to play golf too. So we finally did. The final score was Jared 23 and Debbie 25...although I firmly believe that at least 2 hole in ones were obstructed by the feet of our children...and that aside I was still beating him until the last two holes! :) We also got to play some arcade games, win tickets and choose prizes...which brought back fond childhood memories :), but sadly my Skee Ball skills have not improved at all. Good thing Jared was around to keep the family in tickets. :) We all had a great time! Afterwards, Hannah kept reminding us that we have to go back because we didn't ride the go carts...so I'm sure there will be at least one more Saturday of "Blessed Fun" in our future! :) 


"Come on Dad! Whatcha waitin' for?!"
Jared tried to give the kids a little golf lesson.
But Hannie had a style all her own.




Who can argue with success?! :)
There were caves and a great big water fall. When we walked into this cave, Hannie asked me who lived there. After I told her nobody did, I guess she figured it was up for grabs. She started setting up house-keeping. She gathered all of our clubs and made a little place for them. :)

Our favorite! We spent a lot of time (while we waited for the group ahead of us) rolling our balls down this great hill. Hannah almost got a hole in one 3 or 4 times!

My kids playing Skee Ball. The tradition continues!! :)

5 comments:

mastubz said...

Looks like a fun, clean place. Beats the one here in YC with the giant Miner from whom birds fly out his ears. The kids look like they had a blast.

laura said...

what putt-putt experience wouldn't be enhanced by a little scripture verse. very funny. love hannah's cave dwelling and her cute hair!

emaalyon said...

I haven't been to mini golf in ages. Sounds like a very fun day!

The Johstoneaux Family said...

We haven't tried taking the kiddos mini-golfing - what a fun idea. Ever since Joseph saw your photos he's been asking to go and found a little club in the backyard and has been practicing!

Jerry said...

What a fun place for families! And I love all the pictures you posted, Debbie! I can't believe how big Hannah and Benjamin have gotten! They look great - and seem to have such sweet personalities. Thanks for posting!

P.S. This is Emily, not Jerry. And you'll notice that I'm playing catch up after a long hiatus. :)