Jared finished up his final exams and clinic requirements. That's one more quarter behind us. Almost 6 years down...just 9 months to go. Next time he's all dressed up, we'll have to get you a picture of the future Dr. Stubblefield in his clinic jacket. :)
Hannah has her very own room. That's what we did with our Monday off. Cleaned out (completely) our office (storage room) and set it up for Hannah. She LOVES it! And we blessed the Good Will with a massive amount of stuff we didn't use, need or love.
Hannie had another great dance class.
And I even took a picture of the pork roast I cooked up in the crock pot one night this week, because it was just so pretty sitting there adorned with brown sugar, cajun spices and cilantro. :) But it didn't come out very well. (The picture, not the roast...the roast was "d'licious" according to Hannah. :)
Also, at various times last week, Ben would bring us Hannie's goggles, I keep with the dress up/imagination things in their play room, or Hannah's satin jammy pants, a find from the unfolded laundry basket, and insist that we put them on. He would run around giggling, completely tickled with himself. :) If we tried to take them off, one or the other, which ever he had on at the moment, even at nap time, he would insist that we put them back on. Tonight, before bed, we put them both together and took these pictures of our Captain Cutie Pants! Hilarious! What a FUNNY kid!!
Also, at various times last week, Ben would bring us Hannie's goggles, I keep with the dress up/imagination things in their play room, or Hannah's satin jammy pants, a find from the unfolded laundry basket, and insist that we put them on. He would run around giggling, completely tickled with himself. :) If we tried to take them off, one or the other, which ever he had on at the moment, even at nap time, he would insist that we put them back on. Tonight, before bed, we put them both together and took these pictures of our Captain Cutie Pants! Hilarious! What a FUNNY kid!!
Finally, yesterday Jared gave another great talk in church. He is pretty proud of how it came out. And it opened up some missionary moments with friends and neighbors. I love that the first time I saw Jared he was speaking in church, because now every time he does I'm blessed with fond memories.
Mundane?...maybe. But I have to say how much joy I find in these little things. These low adventure weeks with my funny kids, learning to cook, cruising through milestones like bedrooms and finger paint. I have a friend who's blog is named "Adventures in Mundane Land." She follows up with the scripture about how through small and simple things, great things are brought to pass. I love that and so, we're seeing this week as an investment in greatness. :)
6 comments:
"Captain Cutie-Pants" cracked me up. Those good everyday moments are definitely what make it worth it.
Love the background by the way.
What a hoot! That Ben is a funny guy. Is his hair getting lighter? Hannie and her own room - what a big moment. Hope the racoons are staying out of her room!
We found out what that was all about. She had watched a Berenstein's Bears episode that day with some racoons. They showed them at night, just the eyes at first, before Sister Bear new what they were. Sister Bear and Hannie both thought it was a little scary. We watched the episode again and talked about it AND about how racoons could never open our door to come in any way. She's been fine about it ever since. :) Does Ben's hair look lighter? I can never tell. Hannie's lightened up without me noticing too. :)
Cute kids! The everyday stuff is what makes it all worthwhile.
kids look great! What an accomplishment...Hannah has her own room! Tell her how proud Uncle Josh and Auntie Courtney are!
I really do believe that is the secret to life and to a happy mommyhood - finding joy and pleasure in the "mundane." What a cute little Captain Cutie Pants! Only 9 more months for Jared? That's wonderful!
Post a Comment