...and, he refused to get into his little Santa Maria (the laundry basket) and sail to meet Hannie, our American Indian, in the new world. Hannah, however, loved the little ship, and being the budding Home Maker that she is set about putting in a pillow and a blanket to make the voyage cozy and comfy for everyone. 

Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Columbus Day
Since we just had the Missionaries for dinner last Wednesday, we hadn't planned on seeing them again so soon, but, the Dinner Coordinator was earnestly asking :) for meals this week, so Jared signed us up for Monday. We had a nice dinner. While we were eating Hannah looked up at Elder Hunt and said, "I want to be a Missionary just like you" and later she explained to the Elders how important it was to eat their green beans, so their bodies would grow healthy and strong. Oh, I was proud! :) After dinner was our Columbus Day Pageant for Family Home Evening. Ben, I have to say, didn't really grasp the seriousness of his role as the European discoverer of our continent. He kept his hat on for only a few seconds...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That pic of Ben with hat and grin is too funny for words. He just seems so pleased with himself. I would sail away with Hannie anyday!
This is too wonderful. Looks like a new tradition is born. Way to bring back Columbus Day!!
What cute little dolls!! I miss them!
cute, cute, cute. We had the (sister)missionaries over for dinner on Columbus Day too. No play though.
What a fun family home evening. I wish I could have seen your little re-enactment.
I loved the idea of Columbus Day FHE...since it is alwayson a Monday...I might have to "borrow" that one next year!! you are such a cute familyi!
You've been tagged. Read my blog to see what you've got to do.
Actually, mom tagged Jared and I tagged Debbie. Check out my blog.
Post a Comment