Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Weather

This last week, we had fun in the beautiful sunshine, pouring down rain and awesome Autumn wind. I do love Fall weather. :)

Monday we had a wonderful sunny afternoon. So, we headed over to the big back yard at Sherman College and played ball with Jared. Jared didn't have any patients that day, but was clocking some clinic hours and the only requirement is that he be on campus. So we killed two birds with one stone, clinic time and family fun! The kids loved it.



Wednesday, was our night for dinner with the Missionaries. But it also turned out to be the Christian Chiropractic Club's quarterly BBQ. Sadly, it was pouring. But quite happily, the CCC folks just set up a tent and grilled Burgers and hot dogs in the rain. The Missionaries agreed to go to the BBQ with us. We were able to introduce them to one of Jared's friends that we would like to invite to have the discussions. It was a fun dinner. 

Finally, the wind. Saturday, we had a great time flying our little Delta Kite over in the field at Sherman College (Sam, our Toucan, is in need of a new tail.) Jared got her up and flying, Hannie flew her for a while, running around the whole time :),


I took a quick turn and then it was Benny's turn. He loved it and was quite the natural.



When he was done, though, he just let go...and then it was the power line's turn to fly our kite! If I hadn't been so worried about singly handedly blacking out Spartanburg County, maybe the sight of our little kite flying out to the full length of her string over the Autumn woods on a fabulously windy day would have been quite lovely...or at least a little funny. :) As it was we headed right home to call Duke Power. Thankfully, after a Saturday afternoon visit from a very well paid kite rescuer, we got our little kite back.

Other things going on at our house...BYU football, which, since Jared is such a diehard fan, is "watched" play by play on an online game tracker, much talk regarding the state of the world and the state of our food storage, costume planning and trip planning for next weekend to Atlanta for Jared's Activator Seminar/Family Weekend Away and to PA to visit the Sechrists and Grandma Lois for Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

laura said...

Very responsible of you to call the power company. I wouldn't even have thought of that.
Also, Hannie is killin me with her skirt and leggins. If only I were 120 lbs lighter, I would totally borrow that outfit.

stubz said...

I just get the news of the byu games the next day and today was a downer. BYU lost big time to TCU! We had such high hopes. The last 3 games they've just trailed off to nothing. As long as we beat Utah in the end I'll be happy.