Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hold the Stars

The other night Benjamin saw the stars for the first time. He's usually asleep before they come out, but it was a late night and he looked up at the sky and said, "Whasat for?" I said, "Those are stars buddy. Aren't they beautiful?" He said, "Hold dem." 

It warmed my heart and reminded me that when Hannah was his age she used to ask us if she could hold the moon. I love my kids and I love how they love the night sky, just like there Mama. 

While Jared and I were dating we used to lie on our backs out in the church yard and look at the stars and chat about the "mysteries of God." Sweet memories. 

The best night sky I've ever seen was at Body Island lighthouse on the Outer Banks. I can't wait to take my family there. It's amazing!

No comments: