I don't Facebook or Twitter...truth be told, I don't even really know what Twitter is!! I know...gasp. I am the girl who wanted to stay with the original text based email, when everybody else in college was jumping ship for nice, shiny, "user friendly" interfaces. But I do read Jared's Facebook account (he doesn't Facebook either, but finds it's a great way to keep up with long lost buddies and even not so long lost family :) and I have to say, I think there is a little something to "microblogging."
I hear there has been a mass exodus from the blog as I know it, to the microblog. And while I will probably never bail on my beautiful family history book in the making, I like the idea of including the things that are noteworthy, fun and interesting, but I wouldn't normally blog about, to our history and of sharing these things with you...the things that would be blurted out on a microblog in a phrase, or a sentence or two to share with the world what's going on that day or even in the moment.
So, I've decided, why not microblog right here. Of course I know that our private blog that is updated so irregularly doesn't get the daily traffic of Facebook :), but when you do show up here, there'll be some fun little Stubblefield Family tidbits waiting for you. Long live the Traditional Blog!
1 comment:
I joined Facebook a couple months ago, Debbie - and I'm with you on the traditional blog. Having done both, I second your call to "long live the traditional blog!" P.S. I'd love to hear how your slurping is going and whether you would recommend it. It's on my mile-high list of things-to-do, but I just haven't gotten to it :)
Post a Comment