Monday, October 19, 2009

Daddy To Be

The week before last I walked in the kid's room to find Benjamin helping his little baby doll, from Aunt Becky & Uncle Thad, to sleep. He was patting and snuggling him so gently. I wanted to snap a picture, but before I could he was up and away. :) 

Here he is, Benjamin and his baby. 
Hannah was playing with her doll that day too. I took a picture of them both. Hannah has her doll in a baby carrier, like her Mama likes to do :), and Ben, was holding his baby like this...
...which is exactly how you hold a newborn to check them for misalignment. :) Maybe he's a chiropractor to be too. :)

A few days a go, just being proud of him and letting him know how I notice that he's growing up, I said, something like, "Ben you're not a baby anymore now, you're a little boy." He said, "I not little. I big. I Daddy." :) 

I remember how it warmed my heart watching Hannah when she first started playing little Mommy and starting to talk about how when she would be a Mama. Now, it's awfully sweet watching my boy playing Daddy and knowing who he is too! :)

No comments: