Ever since leaving my grad school program (turned out that School Psychology really wasn't for me and luckily Jared was :), I've fretted over the fact that I don't really have a "marketable skill" like the Prophets encourage. Off and on I've been looking for a "skill" I could acquire and the education I might need to acquire it. About a month ago I even took an interests/apptitudes/work style survey intended to shed some light on what skills I should maybe look at acquiring.
But, as it turns out my skill was there under my nose the whole time, along with the education and experience to at least get started if I needed to...Preschool Teaching! And, it fits my test results to a "t." Plus, I really enjoyed doing it, it was lots of fun. I like the planning and the preparation just as much as the execution and I love the kids! 4 is a good age! :)
So, now when I do get the chance to add that online degree to my resume, I'll be looking for early childhood education and, when my last little birdie has flown the coop, I have at least one good idea for starting to fill up that season of my life. :) Not to mention it is always a relief to know that if I ever had to get a job, I could. Yay for having a marketable skill!!
A couple of other gems from this week, before the pictures...If you want a good laugh, ask preschoolers to guess how old you are! :) We were talking about the age of trees, counting the rings, and the tree we were looking at happened to be 4, just like the kids. Then we talked about when the tree got older like me. I asked, "How old do you guys think I am??"
45?
Nope.
66?
Nope. :) Loved that one! :)
7?
No, not 7.
Too funny!!! And after talking about scary movies and Hannah informing the group that her Daddy exercises with Jackson's Daddy so he can be big and strong to protect her and her family from all the scary things and bad guys, in all seriousness and innocence, one of the other little boys said, "Well, my Dad is bigger than your Dad." :) Adorable!
Ok, here are some photos from the first week of Preschool at our house...
"Circle Time"
"Participation Story"
Working on their "framed artwork."
(We are borrowing that couch from some friends of ours in our ward and the table and chairs from Jared's parents. Turns out a big, empty house is very handy for something...preschool. :)
Snack Time.
Before preschool began Ben really thought he wanted to join in and be like Hannah. After about 3 minutes, I think he realized that there's a reason 2-year-olds don't generally attend. Jared was home that morning and took Ben and set him up with some paints, a smock and a paint brush and he was happy as a clam for the rest of "Preschool." He didn't have any trouble joining in snack time though :)!
Day 2: The kids are all yelling, "Moose!"
Here's what Hannah's fridge looked like after a week of preschool at our house! :) I hope the other kids had fun and that their Mama's enjoyed their fridge full of preschool artwork as much as we did! :)
1 comment:
That is awesome! I wish I had a fun fridge too, some day I will :) Give me a good couple of years haha! Oh and I too love teaching, one of the reasons I chose it is because I can use it at home, not just in a 'classroom' and that I can use it whenever/where ever I may need. Good choice :) And more power to you for teaching preschool! Love you!
Post a Comment