Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Allergic
Well, when Caleb was about 6 weeks old he got a really bad case of baby acne. Benjamin did too at that age, but Caleb's was even worse and eventually spread over his head, chest and belly. When we took him to an MD for his newborn exam she said it was nothing to worry about and would most likely go away on its own. She asked me how much milk I drank and was surprised to hear none. We talked a bit about food allergies and baby rashes etc. I was already on a gluten & dairy free diet. We did some more investigating and trial and error with eggs and sure enough it was the eggs. When I was eating eggs, there was the rash, when I went off the eggs, the rash cleared up, back on the eggs, rash. But, we don't think it's Caleb's allergy. Since Caleb was born I've had allergy symptoms while eating eggs and none when I'm off them. Weird, huh? So, we think it may have been the histamines in my milk that were bothering Caleb. Also, on a side note, I never did mention that we don't think Benjamin has Celiac disease, but is instead just allergic to gluten, dairy and tree nuts. He gets all the classic allergy symptoms...swollen lymph nodes, red, wet, "hurty" eyes, rash on his belly, reflux, gastro symptoms etc. So we are very hopeful and prayerful that he will outgrow it and one day not have to be as careful with his diet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment