Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My 32nd Birthday.

I had an uneventful and sweet birthday this year. We celebrated with my traditional cut fruit tray, like the one Jared got me for my "cake" the summer we met, and Coconut Bliss (a very yummy non-dairy ice cream made with coconut oil). I had a nice lunch out with Jared's Mom (and Caleb :) and we took the kids to meet Jared's sister, Emily, and her boys at the sprinkler area and playground at the park. It was a nice day.
It didn't happen on my birthday, since then, really since moving to PA, but I've started to feel my age. :) Feel free to laugh :), but it is a bit strange not feeling immortal anymore, not feeling like my entire life is ahead of me. I have been feeling especially grateful for the gift of earth life. It is a blessing to be here, to work hard everyday to progress, to become more and be able to serve more. And it is a blessing to share my life with the people I love the very most, to give to them and enjoy them everyday. These are great gifts!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Happy Birthday!

The Johstoneaux Family said...

Debbie - your 32, not 62!! You're still a spring chicken. Then again, I'm only 31, so maybe next year I'll know what you are talking about!

stubz said...

sooo old! Hey we are anxious to see Caleb.