Friday, August 20, 2010

BitterSweet

I had about 60 seconds to chat with my sweet friend Chelsea before we moved. Everything happened so fast!! But in those few seconds she asked me, "Are you excited?" and I said, "Yeah, but I'm also so sad." I hate leaving people and places I love. I'm a settle in kind a gal. And she said, "Moving is bittersweet." She's a military wife, so she knows what she is talking about :) and that little bit that she said to me, made the next couple of weeks, a whirlwind, a bit easier...thinking about the things I was looking forward too and the things I would miss. Here's a part of my "things I'll miss list"....
  1. Stubblefield Family: Cousins, Aunts, Uncles,  Grandma and Grandpa Hawley and Grandma and Grandpa!
  2.  My beautiful Young Women
  3. All my sweet YC Ward friends
  4. Quiet, yummy Sunday night dinners and visits with Mom and Dad S.
  5. The best in-town night sky I've ever seen!
  6. Hannah's Karate school
  7. Stubblefield family gatherings and outings.
  8. All my Pre-School Co-op Moms (and their kiddos :)
  9. The beautiful orchards
  10. Our big back yard
  11. The two sweetest dogs in the whole world
  12. Proximity to my Dad and two of my sisters
  13. Proximity to Jared's family
  14. In-N-Out Burger
  15. Proximity to the BYUs
  16. The Sacramento Temple
  17. My midwife
  18. Proximity to the Redwoods, the rocky cost, Mexico, Yosemite, San Francisco...
  19. Yummy, amazing fresh CA produce
  20. Proximity to our CA and UT Friends
  21. The house where Caleb was born
  22. The peaceful drive to Chico
  23. Cherry blossoms
  24. Being able to visit all the family coming to visit Grandma and Grandpa Stubblefield : )
  25. Our fire place
........and I could go on. 


I am thankful for the opportunity that was given to us to work and live in YC for a while and for all the good that came of our year in CA....Jared's first year out of school, my birthing year for Caleb, one more beautiful year in life for our little ones, especially having time so close to their Grandma and Grandpa. I am thankful...for all the things I'll miss.

No comments: