We had such a nice time at the ward camp-out. I made a big crock-pot full of home-made baked beans and we brought smores as our dessert. Benjamin was in complete heaven. He loved being outside, the hike, the fire, the smores, sleeping outside...all of it. He said he wanted to camp forever and he did not want to leave. Hannah had a great time too. Her sweet friend Avery was there and they had a blast running around with Avery's flashlight and playing polly pockets. It was so nice to get out in the woods for a while. It was relaxing. In the morning, most of the campers walked out to a hawk look out. We ended up getting to see a bald eagle in it's nest on the Susquehanna river. Very cool!
Little hiker.
The Pine Tree Trail led down a steep hill to a stream below. Caleb and I made it half way down before Jared and I decided it was probably best for me to stop, with the trail so steep and slippery and Caleb in the carrier. Bummer that I missed the end of the hike and the stream, but I got fun pictures of the Richard and Stubblefield clans on their way back up.
Happy Camp-Out!
No comments:
Post a Comment